We'll use forms like the letter poem, Frank O'Hara's action poems, Basho's travel haiku, and general documentary poems to explore the landscape and psyche of travel/travelling.
This tour will enliven you in many ways, to reserve your spot to practice authentic love, click here to register or call 619. 887. 6720.
Includes International Air out of JFK, N.Y. Price Options/Paypal $____________ USD
- Experience an enriching spiritual journey that will transform your life.
- Learn cultural values of Chinese people; their sense of family, community, education, work and arts to enhance your cultural values.
- Nurture mutual exchange while contributing skills and talents to Chinese people and serving in their community to help improve the quality of life.
- Understand China’s relationship with/to natural environment, support efforts to maintain natural beauty and resilience of the area, and strengthen your commitment to sustainability and responsible stewardship.
- Deepen awareness of impacts of global warming, global economic inequities, and technology in China.
- Be fulfilled by touching lives and making a difference.
Articles, Reviews & Interviews
Links to purchase books
www.amazon.com/Muscular-Carnegie-Mellon-Classic-Contemporaries/dp/ 0887484387/ref= ntt_at_ep_dpi_4
Tour Price: $ ______________ USD
Includes International Air out of JFK N.Y. January 02, 2011 ________ a.m. to fly with group, return International Air night of January 15th, arrival JFK N.Y. January 16, 2011 ________a.m.
- Day One, January 02
- Day Two, January 03
- Day Three, January 04
- Day Four, January 05
- Day Five, January 06
- Day Six, January 07
- Day Seven, January 08
- Day Eight, January 09
- Day Nine, January 10
- Day Ten, January 11
- Day Eleven, January 12
- Day Twelve, January 13
- Day Thirteen, January 14
- Day Fourteen, January 15
Optional experiences as deviations per prior written requests:
Highly recommended Optional tour ______________ Customer service Rep at EoWR is happy to assist with putting together a safe and enjoyable hiking experience. Must contact EoWR 45 days prior to departure for deviation request.
For all your trip insurance needs, please visit our affiliate partnership with InsureMyTrip to customize your ideal insurance package.
Payment and Air schedule:
- Reserve your spot with a $ 500 deposit now
Book your Air and Travel Insurance at insuremytrip.com at any time once deposit has been made.
- Second payment – October 5, 2009 $ 1000.00
- Third payment – November 9, 2009 $ 1000.00
- Final payment December 15, 2009 $ 450.00
Will be based on availability and subject to early notification
Additional costs not included in tour package for the entire trip:
- Domestic Air Travel
- Air Travel
- Airport Taxes
- Beverages (all)
- Meals not mentioned on the itinerary
- Optional tours or optional admissions
- Single supplement
- Items of a personal nature
- Optional travel insurance
- Airfares and departure taxes
- Any item / service not mentioned
- Entry visa for China (US$__ per passport holder) & health requirements (Hepatitis A, Yellow Fever, Meningitis)
Tips and gratuities
- Personal hiking/trekking gear
About your facilitator, Terrance Hayes
Terrance Hayes was born in Columbia , South Carolina in 1971. He received a B.A. from Coker College in Hartsville , South Carolina , and an M.F.A. from the University of Pittsburgh writing program.
He is the author of Lighthead (Penguin, 2010); Wind in a Box (2006); Hip Logic (2002), which won the 2001 National Poetry Series and was a finalist for the Los Angeles Times Book Award; and Muscular Music (1999), winner of the Kate Tufts Discovery Award.
About his work, Cornelius Eady has said: "First you'll marvel at his skill, his near-perfect pitch, his disarming humor, his brilliant turns of phrase. Then you'll notice the grace, the tenderness, the unblinking truth-telling just beneath his lines, the open and generous way he takes in our world."
He has been a recipient of many honors and awards, including a Whiting Writers Award, a Pushcart Prize, three Best American Poetry selections, and fellowships from the National Endowment for the Arts Fellowship and the Guggenheim Foundation. He is a professor of creative writing at Carnegie Mellon University and lives in Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania , with his family.